
I have some furniture that is made of pine that is 13 years old, it was cool and rustic looking, but was a natural golden finish. Since my walls are gold and my carpet is tan the trunks just got lost in them. There was no contrast (can't have that!). When I was at HL2 shopping for more furniture I told the owner of the shop Holly I needed a black or dark coffee table set. She didn't have one in stock, but suggested I paint my pine set black with a gold glaze. Then she explained how to do a ragging off techinque to get the results I wanted.

I was actually afraid to get started, I had never done anything like it and I thought I would ruin these cool, old trunks. So I put it off as long as possible. Then one day Leslie Egli was going to come over and help me clean, but I decided I'd rather she help me paint these trunks....so she did (we expirmented until we got the look just right) and they turned out super cool! A big thank you to Egli!!! And most importantly I wasn't worried about ruining them with her doing it will me. I'm not sure why...I just wasn't. Honestly, these photos don't do it justice, the metallic gold is a lot more shimmery then the photos show.

Now there is a LOT of contrast and I love it. Holly- thanks for helping me figure out a way to make my old stuff new! If any of you fellow bloggers need furniture or accents HL2 by track in Pasco has the coolest stuff in town, and the prices aren't bad either.
4 comments:
They did turn out great. So fun to help you!! Your house is beautiful!
Looks so nice! You guys did an awesome job...doesn't it feel good to create something so beautiful?
I loved helping!
They really do look great and even better in person! Nice job!! You are so talented and have a way of turning everything that you touch into something amazing!
Post a Comment