Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Our Sunrise Canyon House

For the last 2.5 years we've been living in a new development called Sunrise Canyon.....in a little apartment in our shop. And after working on this new house for the past year, and then watching 12,000 people tromp through it during the Parade of Homes...we finally got to move in.
This picture is a little washed out. But I do love the exterior of the house. Ira used lots of wood trusses that give it a lot of charm.

He also lined the side walks with bricks.


It's so fun to be able to walk out the back door and roast hot dogs and makes smores.


This is the entry of the house.


I love the creative touches Ira added to the house. Everywhere you look there is something interesting and different. This is a ceiling detail at the top of the stairs.


The dining room. Look on the right wall, this is the picture of Christ called "The Lost Lamb". It's hanging in our temple and I have always loved it. Now I can look at it everyday.


Standing in the dining room looking into the great room. This dining room table was orignally a pub table with a very small glass table top that only facilitated 2 chairs. I asked Ira to make a larger wooden top that would accomadate 4-6 chairs. As usual he added his own flare, I love the big nail heads along the edge of it. However, we will have to get a bigger table for family gatherings during the holidays.


The dining room, great room and kitchen are all open to each other, which makes it a very "family friendly" house. While Ira was building the house, I sketched a picture of this kitchen exhaust hood. He took one look at it and then said "And I bet you expect me to build this" and as you can see he did. There's more detail then you can see in the photo. The sides have pull out spice racks and there's a little tile shelf on the back wall. I don't think there's anything Ira can't build.


Ira used lots of exposed wood trussed, which give the house a very dramatic, yet very informal feel.


Ira designed this house with lots of different coffered ceiling styles, in various rooms. This is the living room ceiling, there are 2 coffers and the top has a venitian plaster that looks like gold.


The arched windows in the living room have decorative iron in them. I love the way it looks at night from the outside looking in.


A veiw of the living room.


More decorative iron.


The guest room, no bed yet....but we'll have one before you to come visit. I promise!


More exposed trusses really warm up this hallway.

Ira built lots of cute little nitches.




The master bedroom.





The master bath.


I also sketched a picture of this vanity and as usual Ira made it come to life. Great job Ira.

10 comments:

Sarah said...

WOW, it is gorgeous! i can't wait to see it in person, Ira did an amazing job! lucky you to live there!!

Shelli said...

I bet you are so happy to be moved in! It is beautiful Leslie, Ira put all that love into it, I'm sure you guys will make it a warm and happy home!

Melissa P said...

Oh my word! You guys did an amazing job! I bet it looks even better in person (which is hard to imagine!) Hopefully we can come see it soon! Let us know when the guest bedroom is finished! :)

Kyra said...

i'll trade you houses- what do you say?? looks beautiful. great buidling. great decorating. you make quite the pair.

Annette Rose said...

That is so beautiful Leslie! I can't wait to see it. Each picture I thought "Oh that is awesome!" and then the next picture was even cooler. Pretty sure I am in love with your kitche, and bath, and the vanity!!! Can Ira build me a house? It really is beautiful! You guys do a great job!

Anonymous said...

Your house is the type of home I dream of having one day...in the VERY FAR FUTURE! It's absolutely stunning! I love all the tresses and your style is beautiful. You always decorate things so perfectly. I always look forward to going to your house to take a look around! :)

Bryce and Sierra Hannibal said...

sorry i posted it under Bryce's name...this is Sierra! :) didn't want you to think some weirdo was obsessed with your home! :)

Tiffany said...

Amazing is an understatement!!!! It seriously is so beautiful! I am so amazed how people have visions and can bring them to life! it's awesome Leslie! I can't wait to see it! What a great job!!!

Tami said...

I LOVE your house. You and Ira did such an amazing job with it!! You two together are a wonderful team. I am so happy for you that you finally get to live there!

Trev said...

ok, the pics look really good. But if you haven't seen the house, you need to! It is AMAZING and Ira never ceases to amaze me with his constructive artistry! Can I come live in the trailer? ;)