
Even as a young toddler, Kammi was fearless and sought out adventure. When she was about 2 and there was a spider, her 2 older brothers called her to come stomp on it. When she was 3 she figured out if she grabbed onto the garage door as it was opening she could get a ride up. When she was 6 there were about 18 boys in her Kindergarten class and 5 girls. Her teacher told us most of the girls were a little intimadated by that, but not Kammi, she didn't let the boys put anything over on her. When she was 9 Ira took her duck hunting and she literally came home with a boat load of ducks....that she shot. When she was 16 she got into Paintball and played with Travis and his college age friends. The first time Kammi played with them she was the last one chosen for a team, and she was VERY insulted. But the second time she played (after they saw what she could do) she was the first one chosen....(now that was more like it). As Kammi got older she was the girl who did flips on the wake board, and took her horse over jumps. To this day Kammi continues to seek out challenges and adventure. For 5 years there's one adventure we have repeatedly talked her out of......until now. On March 9 2009 Kammi enlisted in the Marines. In the photo Kammi and Dad are waiting for her recruiter to take her to Spokane to sign her contract and get sworn in.

Oh yes, she has heard all the horror stories about boot camp......and she still wants to go.

The Marine Motto- Always Faithful

Ira and I drove up to Spokane to watch her get sworn in, then we spent the day with her. We went to a movie and then out to eat. Honestly, it was bitter sweet. She was so happy and excited....how could we not be excited for her?

We are sure going to miss our Kammi. Life is always a little more fun and exciting with Kammi around. We are counting down the days to fly to Parris Island for her graduation which should be June 5th if there are no delays in her training. Go Kammi!!
11 comments:
This is a great tribute to Kammi. She's going to be WONDERFUL in the Marines! We will miss her too, but she'll be awesome! Go KAMMI!
I have always loved that spunky Kammi. She has so much good going for her and I wish her all the best. She's really very cool you know!
Kammi will do awesome and do so in large part because she has your support.
That is so awesome for her! She has always been so strong! I hope she likes it and has a good time.
wow! Way to go Kammi! She definitely has the heart to be an awesome Marine- Good luck!
Wow, she is amazing! It must be hard to let her go. I wish her the best of luck!!!
We'll miss Kammi, too. The best wakeboard chick ever!
What a sweet post! Kammi really is amazing! She is going to be an awesome Marine! I can't wait to hear about all of her adventures.
I am excited for Kammi- she'll do great! she is a strong girl.
I loved reading all those memories of kammi. She has always been so tough! I am so proud of her and hope it's everything and more for her!
Wow!!! That is so awesome!!!! I wish her so much luck ! She is such a sweet and awesome girl!!!!
Post a Comment