Wednesday, December 24, 2008

As Sister's in Zion

Last night a group of us showed up on Leslie Irwin's door step unnanounced.
Need I mention she was surprised? In stead of singing a Christmas Carol, we sang As Sister's in Zion. None of us have very good singing voices, and honestly we didn't know the song all that well, but she was touched, I'm pretty sure I saw a tear in her eye.
Leslie is a kind hearted caring person. In spite of the fact she is a single mom working full time while simultaneously getting her Master's Degree she finds time to volunteer as a nurse at our local free health clinic and she gives of her time to rasie money for Breast Cancer. But regardless of how "good" she has been, she doesn't have a Santa in her life to fill her stocking so for the last 6 years we have passed a stocking around and filled it with gifts for her. Usually we leave it on her door step on Christmas Eve but this year we decided to deliver it in person. As she opened the gifts we laughed and talked and celebrated the true meaning of Christmas, our love for our Savior and our love for one another.

L- R. Kammi, Kristy, Leslie E., and myself.
L-R Leslie I, Theresa, and Tami.

3 comments:

Melissa P said...

She is lucky to have such great friends! You guys are so sweet!

Annette Rose said...

That is awesome! You are such a great friend. It was so fun to see you guys on Christmas Eve. That was awesome you came over. Thanks. Hope you had a great Christmas Day!

Shelly Yorgesen said...

Oh I forgot about this tradition!!! I am so glad you have kept it up!! I remember the first time we did it, I bet she counts on that every year, and every year she is more excited than the last year, I need to do that here!!! I love you guys!!!