
My two loves, Ira and Lady. They are in the basin of a canyon we rode down into during our 25 mile endurance ride. Lady was very spirited and challenging to control for the first 12 miles, then she calmed down and walked quietly along..... and I started to get a little bored with her quietness. She has never been so calm and it made me realize how much I enjoy her spirit.

Half way through the ride it's required to take all the tack off your horse and take it through a vet check. If your horse doesn't pass the vet check you are disqualified and can't finish the ride. Here I am getting Lady tacked up after her vet check.

Ira and I had a fabulous time riding this race together, hanging out in our little camper together etc. I'm very happy that he and I share a passion for horses and we can enjoy these good times together.

Ira and Yogi before the ride.
8 comments:
What a great thing to share with your spouse!
That makes my butt hurt thinking about it. LOL.
I'm glad you took pictures of your ride! It looks like you had a great time together.
Nice job! That is so awesome that you were able to do an indurance ride with Lady. I think that you are the Horse Whisperer. How fun that you and Ira could do the ride together! Thanks for sharing the fun pics!
How did you do? How fast is everyone and how fast were lady and yogi? I lve the pic of Ira and Lady. I love getting out and doing things. I hope we get to ride together soon. :)
Sounds like you had fun. The picture of Ira and Lady is good. Isn't it nice to have a shared interest with your husband? Thanks for all the times you let Rachel ride your horses! She loves you guys!
That sounds like so much fun. Jacob and I love to ride bikes together, but I would love to learn to ride horses sometime. It looks like fun and I hear its a great workout. Thats so great you both love it...
These are great photos! I agree: it's neat the you and Ira share a passion for horses. You guys both look like pro riders!
Post a Comment